Messenger Systems, Inc. The Office Assistant will assist the clerical staff with daily, routine duties in addition to helping customers on the phone, clerical support and help with preparing schedules for field personnel. A typical workweek may consist of 20 – 30 hours per week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This will exclude weekends and ten holidays such as Memorial Day and July 4th.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Using the computer to input data and word-process proposals, reports and customer account information.
· Filing, copying, checking and recording information on records.
· Assisting office staff with clerical support.
· Performance of other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of the English language including usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Ability to receive and carry out both oral and written directions with little supervision.
· Ability to perform simple math calculations.
· Ability to use computer for data entry and word processing.
Education and Experience:
· Six months experience and/or training in an office environment including handling money and use of computer data entry preferred.
Appointment to the position will be contingent upon the ability to provide eligibility to work in the United States and possession of or ability to obtain any required licenses or certifications. Pursuant to provisions of specific State Laws, some applicants may be required to submit fingerprints prior to starting work.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The best-qualified applicants, as determined by initial screening of applications, will be invited to participate in an interview process, which may consist of both written and oral portions. Appointment will be made from the eligibility list established from the results of the interview process.
For an application packet, please call (888) 923-3406 or download an employment application from our website at www.messengersystems.com. Please mail or deliver your completed application to Messenger Systems, Inc., 4213 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878. This position will remain open until filled.
Messenger Systems, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with Federal law, Messenger Systems, Inc. will only hire individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States. As a condition of employment, you will be required to present proof of your identity and employment eligibility. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact Messenger Systems, Inc., at (888) 923-3406.
Information contained herein is subject to change without notice.